Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Feel like a Rock Star

So a year ago I tried blogging.

It didn't stick (I published one post -  not good!). In my first blog, I wanted to blog for the sake of blogging. I did not have a purpose or a mission with that blog and it was obviously not successful. I deleted that one tonight and am coming to you today with more experience under my belt and a better understanding of what successful blogs can and should be. 

I am committing to you, here and now, to give you blog with a purpose. I am going to share my thoughts, feelings and experiences learned while running with an iPod.

Whether I am singing at the top of my lungs in the car or killing it on air guitar while running in my neighborhood, my iPod knows what to do.  You see, music has a way of explaining thoughts and feelings in ways I can't, picking me up after a bad day, or making me feel like a rock star.  Regardless of the situation, when struggling with something, celebrating something, or just relaxing with friends, there is a right song for everything!

I had this epiphany on a long run recently. I realized that if my iPod were ever picked up by a perfect stranger, they would be confused if they were to give it a listen. They wouldn't know if it belonged to a 12 year old or 40 something. I have a healthy mix of One Direction, Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, James Taylor and Kenny Chesney.  Needless to say, I have awesome running songs to share and eclectic music library to pull from!

Also, I am not the only 20 something dealing with uncertainty with relationships with a boyfriend (or lack of) and I am not the only one starting a new job and figuring out the working world. I do a great deal of thinking during my runs and it is finally time to share.  

So, in each post I will share something I learned that day and the song that helps me understand what is going on or gives me a new perspective. 

Please come on this journey with me. Lace up your running shoes or turn the volume way up and sing along! Who knows, you may add a new song to your playlist or find a song that describes what you have been thinking about or  your current life situation exactly.





Thanks for reading... This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment